Full Cream Milk - 1/2 liter
Custard powder ( Vanilla Flavor ) - 3 tbsps
Sago - 1 tbsp
Bananas - 2 cups chopped
Raisins - 2 tbsps
Cashew - 2 tbsps, broken,
- Mix the custard powder with a couple of tbsps of cold milk / water & set aside.
- Bring the milk to a boil, lower the flame, pour in the reserved custard powder mixed in milk, stirring all the while. The custard should coat the spoon , is a good way to check for the right consistency of the custard. If not add some more custard powder mixed with water & cook till thick.
- Add the sugar & cook till it dissolves. Put off the fire. Cool the custard to room temperature , stirring in between to discourage the formation of scum.
- Fry the sago in a few drops of ghee for a while. Pour in some water & cook till soft.
- When the custard is cool , mix in the chopped fruits , raisins , Cashew bits, cooked sago & refrigerate .
- It makes a yummy dessert when served cold.
Mixed assorted fruits or any fruit of your choice can be used.
Dry fruit assortment of choice can be used. Chopped wet dates go well with the custard.
Set jelly & cut into cubes . This will make a great garnish for the custard.
Cooked Vermicelli could be mixed in as a variation in place of sago.
China grass can be set , cut into bits & mixed in the custard for variety .
Could there be more possibilities ........can anyone suggest ?
Sending this to RV's & Sudeshna's Desserts & Ice cream event.