Monday, December 7, 2009

Baby Alu Methi


I have always fancied Baby Alu & this time I actually bought a bag of them. Alu methi was all I could think of doing. Surfing for a recipe , I liked Sailu's style. I changed it a wee bit, making a few omissions & commissions. And here is how I made it ,

Ingredients

Baby Potato - 1/2 Kg
Methi leaves - 2 cups packed
Onion - 2 medium, chopped
Green Chilly - 3 no.s , split
Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tsps
Mixed spice powder - ( 2 cloves, 1'' cinnamon, 1 cardamom )
Chilly powder - 2 tsps
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Jeera - 2 tsps , for tempering
Oil - 2 tbsps
Lemon juice - 2 tbsps
Sugar - 1 tsp
Salt - to taste

Method

Pressure cook Baby Potatoes & remove skin .
Take a tbsp of oil, add in the green chillies & saute the onions & fenugreek leaves till done. You can add a chopped tomato at this stage & cook for a couple of minutes & keep this aside.
In the same pan, add another tbsp of oil & temper with the cumin seeds , stir in the ginger garlic paste, toss in the cooked potatoes & stir fry till a nice crust is formed.
Mix in the sauteed methi leaves, Chilly powder, spice powder, salt , turmeric powder, sugar & put off the fire.
Finally add the lemon juice & mix well.
Next time I would add a tbsp of toasted sesame seeds in the end.

3 comments:

  1. these make me hungry. and of course a bowl of basundhi will do good too:) both recipes rock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks really delicious...potatoes have got a nice golden color

    ReplyDelete