This roti uses multi grain flour & veggies, so one can consider it as health food.
Ragi flour - 1 1/2 cup
Rice flour - 1/2 cup
Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
oil - 2-3 tsps
Onion - finely chopped, 1 cup
Green chillies - 2 tsps , finely chopped
Coriander chopped - 1/4 cup
Carrot - 1 cup , grated
Cucumber - 1 cup , grated
Cooked Rice - 1/2 cup, mashed well
Hot Water - as required
- Mix together the grated onions, carrots, cucumber, green chillies, salt, oil, coriander, mashed rice, in a bowl .
- Mix all the flours together. Mix the vegetables and the flours.
- Pour in the hot water little by little & mix the dough , till everything comes together.
- To make the roti, you can use Wax coated paper or any paper like the Teflon sheet, which is heat resistant.
- Grease the paper , With wet hands take a handful of dough & press into a roti, which is slightly thick, with a hole in the center.
- Transfer this roti on to a hot griddle , the roti side down, press lightly on the paper & peel off the paper carefully after a minute.
- Drizzle a tsp of oil around the roti & a little oil on the roti & cook till the 1st side is done. Flip over & cook the 2nd side too.
- Serve this Roti hot with any chutney / a blob of butter/ curds.
Any other vegetables like grated beet root /finely chopped cabbage etc can be incorporated into the roti to make it more nutritious.
Sending this to Divya's , Wholegrain Event.