Monday, February 15, 2010

Aapam with cooked rice

This is yet another variation from the world of Dosa. Left over cooked rice can be mixed with the curds & blended and utilized to prepare this delicious Dosa for the next day. This recipe is adapted from Pakadarshi , a book by Suryakanthamma. As all the recipes in this book are tried & tested , usually it is safe to assume that the results are upto the mark.



Ingredients

Rice - 2 cups
Rice - 1/2 cup
Curds - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1 tsp
Cooking soda - a pinch
Salt

Method

Soak 2 cups of rice for 3 hrs & grind into a fine and thick paste using less water
Cook the other half cup of rice. Blend it into a coarse paste with the curds.
Mix both the pastes. Add some salt. Let it ferment overnight.
Though this batter is thick when prepared, it loosens out the next morning.
In the morning, add water if needed to make flowing batter.
A pinch of cooking soda & sugar is mixed into the batter.
Make dosa by pouring a ladle of batter & swirling the hot pan.
Drizzle a tsp of oil & cook covered on one side only. No need of flipping the dosa to cook on the other side.
Enjoy the soft dosa with chutney of your choice.


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. I love appams.. especially with coconut chutney..nice way you explained..I wish I could eat some from the plate..

    www.foodlyrics.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ma'am I really like that book. My mother used to refer that book for good ways to prepare food. Unfortunately I do not have my mother now and I do not have the book. By any chance is there a soft copy of the book Ma'am? Or if possible could I get recipe of Masala Pulusu ?

    ReplyDelete