Capsicum - 2 large, diced
Potato - 1 large , diced
Onion - 1 large - diced
Oil - 2 tbsps
Mustard, jeera, curry leaves, hing
To Grind :
Coconut - tbsps, scraped
Rasam powder / sambar powder - 3 tsps
Roasted gram dal/ chutney dal - 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Tamarind - 1 tbsp , soaked
Jaggery - 2 tsps
Salt - to taste
- Heat the oil & do the tempering.
- Toss in the vegetables & stir cook till just done, if required with some water.
- Blend the masala with some water into a paste along with the tamarind , jaggery & salt.
- Further cook the vegetables with this masala , adjusting the consistency to requirement & bring to a simmer.
- Serve with hot rice or rotis.