Thursday, October 1, 2009

Choco Almond Banana Cake


What a cake it turned out to be !!!!
Sooo delicious , light, quick and a no-fuss recipe. And a healthier version too !
Goodness of atta instead of All purpose flour, vegetable oil in place of butter, Honey, a natural sweetener replaces white sugar ; can't ask for more.

Incidentally I'm baking this cake after a gap of few years because my old oven packed up. I bought a new one just recently. In a way this is my first cake of season 2. Fortunately I chose to make Sunitha's recipe & it has turned out to be promising start.

As we were taking a day trip with the family which counts 15 the next day, I had to bake a 2nd batch too, to ensure everyone got a piece at least. The second time round I added a tsp of instant coffee powder, dissolved in a little water to the original recipe & substituted cashew instead of almond slivers as I had run out of almonds. The caffeine kick it imparted turned out to be even better.

This is one of those which leaves you asking for more. Many many thanks to Sunitha for sharing such a great recipe. I now know where to look when I want to try out a sure shot recipe. For the recipe please refer to sunitha's world.

No comments:

Post a Comment