Sunday, May 16, 2010

Raw Mango Chutney



I fell in love with this chutney served in my friend Vani's house. I remembered my manners & resisted gorging on it as the rest of her family had not yet come in for lunch. Armed with the recipe, I felt a little better. I followed the recipe to the T & the result did not disappoint me or my family. And here is the chutney I was drooling for ,


Ingredients

Raw Green mango - 1/2 cup , chopped
Grated Coconut - 1 cup
Green Chillies - 11 , 1 inch pieces
Salt - to taste
Jaggery - 1 tbsp
For Tempering -
Oil - 1 tbsp
Mustard, Urad Dal, Hing, Curry Leaves, broken Red chilly

Method

Chop the Raw mango with or without the skin.
Grind all the ingredients into a chutney without using any water. Add the coconut in the end & grind coarsely.
Mix in the tempering.
Tastes especially good with Rice. Goes well with chapathis as well. Enjoy.

1 comment: